The development of information technology at the time of this particular technology, the Internet, does not close the possibility of many potential and resources that can be used. Currently, the utilization of information technology-based Geographical Information System developed rapidly. The advantages with the web-based GIS is there location information in the form, line, point and polygon feature and information in a table. With the information kenampakan earth form a map, it is expected that tersaji information in the web page will help for a decision.
Information such as local information such as the potential tourism and natural resources requires a continuous digital map of the location of the form that can describe the actual location. With the support of spatial ability, an information system will be able to describe the potential of a region that will be the attraction of itself.
The goal that can be obtained from a design and development of a GIS-based website is as follows:
1. Publication of the existence / institutions to the world.
2. Publications product / service / potential of the region.
3. Improve services to the people of a more professional.
Benefits that can be obtained from a design and development of a GIS-based website is as follows:
1. Improving the image of the regions / institutions.
2. Increase the competitive advantage.
3. Increasing information about the existence of the potential areas.
4. Extending connection / network between institutions.
The details of the steps the design and development of a website is as follows:
1. Collecting data.
2. Analysis of data.
3. Hosting and domain registration.
4. Initial design layout of the website
5. Completion layout website.
6. Publications website.
7. Trial (testing)
8. End of the performance improvement website.
Potential Natural Resources
Potential Information System Natural Resources, was built to provide a snapshot of the potential of natural resources.
Potential regional information system, built aims to provide a snapshot of the potential areas of natural resources that exist.